The Endorsement Process
The Sierra Club's endorsement process involves a number of steps. We start by
identifying key races, soliciting applications from qualified
candidates, reviewing the candidates' records, accomplishments,
community involvement, answers to our questionnaires, and potential
interviews. We review all available information and also welcome
opinions from all Sierra Club members.
- We actively seek out those incumbent
legislators who have promoted and supported the Sierra Club's
- We evaluate selected races, interviewing
prospective endorsees using questionnaires and/or live interviews, as
well as reviewing their record of public service.
- We work with local groups in verifying a
candidate’s record and actions.
How to Apply for Endorsement
- Contact the committee (Phillip Sego
) as early in
the process as possible, letting us know that you're running. Include
your contact information as well as that of your campaign manager.
- We'll confirm receipt, and let you know
when the process starts.
- When you receive the questionnaire, be
sure to return it promptly.
- After the questionnaires are received, we
will contact you if we wish to schedule an interview. Interviews are
conducted in person or by phone.
- We'll keep in touch with you during the